Thursday 26 December 2013

WRITING: Then and Now


"New year, new me". It's almost that time of the year again. Yes, 31/12/13 is the day will see the annual cycle repeat itself. Social networks will be filled with status updates of people changing in the year2014. Resolutions, as the call them. I have nothing against new year's resolutions though. It's just funny because it's always the same old story. I graduated from high school two years ago. Looking back, it's been two years since I wore that high school graduation gown. What does that mean? I've had two years since the me of 2011 graduated from high school.

Have I achieved any of my resolutions in the past two years? Honestly, I don't know. I've never really  been one to focus on that anyway. What exactly is the point of this post? Well, it's me saying you don't need resolutions to be a better you. You don't have to plaster your social media with the changes people will expect to see from you in the new year. I like to think change is inevitable and there's definitely no way you can stop it. Thing is, if you're meant to change you will. When you do, believe me it will be noticed. Don't forget, change can either be good or bad. That's up to you. In as much as we can't resist change, you can choose the path you want to walk on-hypothetically speaking. I think you catch my drift.

Basically, I don't believe the whole "then and now" hype. The only difference is that you get older and possibly wiser but it's still the same person underneath. To sum it up, simply LIVE life. You don't need to refer to a piece of paper to see how far you've come along the way. I know it's early, but you have yourselves a blessed 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment