Saturday 28 December 2013

RELATIONSHIPS & DATING: Are You Selling Yourself Short?

Ladies, ladies, ladies.  Don't we have a lot to learn. I've read a few posts on valuing yourself in a relationship and whatnot. Today, I want to add my two cents to the jar. Funny thing is I realised I was in that position. Yes, I sold myself short. Actually, it hit me. I thought to myself, I don't need to stress about my relationship. School's enough stress for me already. If a guy doesn't appreciate you, let him go. Will it hurt? Yes it will. Thing is, it's likely that you'll remember the good times that you had with your partner but don't let that cloud your judgement and get back with him. However, that's not to say that issues can't be resolved but it's difficult to change a person. If he won't appreciate you, leave him and don't look back. Here are a few questions to ask yourself. They'll help you determine whether or not you're selling yourself short in your relationship.


  1. DOES HE NEGLECT YOU? We are women and yes we want attention, even though we may not always make it clear that we do. If he stays for days or at times weeks or at times weeks without reaching you then that alarm in your head should start ringing. Often times the excuse used is that he was busy, but there's only so long somebody can be busy. If this is the case in your relationship, speak up. Make the effort to let him know how you feel. If he won't listen to you, he's just not worth it. You deserve much better than to be ignored.
  2. DO YOU UNDERVALUE YOURSELF? Do you ever feel like you are not good enough for your partner? Do you wonder why he chose you? Come on, be honest here. If I were to play around with numbers I'd say four out of five women feel this way. I've felt this way too, trust me. Once you undervalue yourself, you pave way for your partner to do the same to you. Eventually, he might just take you for granted. If you are in this situation, you better step up. That's right, step up. Encourage yourself. Build up your self esteem. This will help you become a stronger person in your relationship.
  3. DO YOU FEEL LIKE YOUR RELATIONSHIP IS ONE-SIDED? Does it feel like you're the one putting in all the effort in trying to make your relationship work? Does he seem nonchalant to you? I'm not an expert at relationships but this might be because he has lost interest in the relationship. I've heard and read about people falling out of love and this might just be the case. If this has been long going then chances are things are not likely to change and staying in a relationship like this would be unfulling. This inturn would lead to you selling yourself short in trying to please your partner as much as you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment