Tuesday 7 January 2014

WRITING: Internet Warriors

So I'm following this account on Instagram and it's absolutely hilarious. Basically, it's about funny African pictures and videos. Being African myself, I find many of the posts relatable. That's not what we're talking about today though. I remember seeing one post that had something to do with "Internet Warriors". I'll try and explain this to you like the way I did in one of my earlier posts, Instahater http://osinop95.blogspot.com/2014/01/writing-instahater.html.




So an Internet Warrior is someone that instigates, engages or fuels internet feuds. Many times these so called warriors conduct their battles in comment boxes on social media.

I wish there was a rolling eyes emoticon here.Maybe there is and I just don't know where to find it. Nevertheless, I never have understood beefing on the internet. I guess it's because that's not my cup of tea. After all, to each his own. In as much as each person is entitled to his her opinion, some things are just disrespectful. Besides, I don't see the fun in talking smack while you sit and hide behind your computer. 

If you know the person and you can't say what you so "graciously" wish to leave in their comment box in person, there's no need to drop it in their comment box. I think that's cowardice. To be honest, that doesn't make you much of a warrior. 

So, that's my two cents. I'd like to hear what you think about this. You can leave your thoughts in the comment box below.

No comments:

Post a Comment