Sunday 5 January 2014

MUSIC: Beyonce

The internet was ablaze with the unexpected release of Beyonce's second self-titled album. It's been a while since I've been up-to-date with music, but I managed to listen to a few of them so far. Okay, five to be exact.Those were Mine, XO, Pretty Hurts, Drunk In Love and Blue.

It seems like Drunk In Love is a favourite for most people but of the few songs I've listened to off this album, I'd say XO is my favourite. I happen to like Blue as well. It's such a beautiful song. Pretty hurts, to me, is quite sad. I think it talks about society and how hard it is to be perfect. "Prettiness" Often comes at a price. Here's a link to the video, http://simplysebastian.me/2013/12/13/audio-video-pretty-hurts-by-beyonce/

All in all, I think it's a pretty good album. Is it different, I'd say yes. I like Beyonce most when she sings so I guess I'd say that's why my favourite song on the album is one of the slow ones. I'm not sure if all the songs have videos but you can find the audio on YouTube or iTunes.



Beyonce, Beyonce: Track-By-Track Review

Here's a list of all the songs from her new album.

  • Pretty Hurts
  • Haunted
  • Drunk In Love ft Jay Z
  • No Angel
  • Partition
  • Rocket
  • Mine ft Drake
  • XO
  • Flawless
  • Superpower
  • Heaven
  • Blue ft Blue Ivy

No comments:

Post a Comment