Thursday 27 March 2014

WRITING: Beautiful Yet Dysfunctional

Of late my posts have taken a more thought provoking approach. To be honest, I don't know what encouraged this trail of thought. However, that's not to say I don't like it. Saying otherwise would be an absolute lie. Am I a blogger? Yes. Do I like to write? I do but only occasionally. Odd, isn't it? I'd say I blog when I feel the need to. You know, like when I have a pressing thought that I just can't let go. You may or may not have noticed that I wander in circles in my writing until I finally get down to the main point. Let's just call that "organised disorganisation" as my high school teacher would say. None of my work is pre-written so I write as it comes. Basically, I just go with the flow.

With all of that said, I'll get right into today's post. Have you ever been in love? I have and only once. My goodness, it was a whole other experience for me. In all honesty, never have I felt this way before. According to wikipedia, 

"Love refers to a variety of different feelings, states, and attitudes that ranges from interpersonal affection ("I love my mother") to pleasure ("I loved that meal"). It can refer to an emotion of a strong attraction and personal attachment.[1] It can also be a virtue representing human kindnesscompassion, and affection—"the unselfish loyal and benevolent concern for the good of another".[2] It may also describe compassionate and affectionate actions towards other humans, one's self or animals"

How do you define love? For me, I honestly don't know. What I do know is that I happen to agree that love is "an emotion of a strong attraction and personal attachment."  If you feel no attraction or attachment, I think it's say it's not love. It could be a crush of some sort or infatuation at the most.

Love, love, love. What prompted this post you say? Well, I just so happen to be in love myself. I fell in love and I fell hard. Ha! It's quite silly actually. To start off, I'm not quite the expressive type. In fact, I'm far from it. So you can imagine the difficulty I have with expression of my emotions. It's terrible but I think it's safe to say I've made a few strides towards improvement. 

I'm still going on with this post and I'm quite uncertain as to where it's going. Nevertheless, I shall continue with my ramblings. I had a blog prior to this one but later deleted it. I'd say it was more of a personal blog and I couldn't cope anymore. As typical of people such as myself, I deleted it and continued to live with my thoughts tucked snugly some where inside my head. I should think this is my most personal post here.



I was seventeen when I first fell in love. Two years later, I'm still in the same boat. Many times I wonder just how it happened. Honestly, this thing called love is crazy. You don't know with who or when it will happen. Ahhh!! I'm tired. This girl over here needs a break.



It's quite a funny predicament I'm in. Truth be told, it's slightly amusing at times. Alas! Such is life; you never really know when it will throw you the curve ball. 

No comments:

Post a Comment