Saturday 5 July 2014

WRITING: The Bigger Picture

Have you ever wondered what your bigger picture is? Ever imagined where you be in five or maybe ten years’ time? I have but it’s not something I like to think about too often. Sadly enough for me, I got a reminder this morning whilst having a little chat on Facebook. 
So, I was chatting with a friend who has this project going on. I'll put a link to it at the end of this post. So, he got asked to write a little about himself for a magazine and I got to read what he had to say. Here’s a little looksee of how our conversation went.

“Ayt, holla back at me a.s.a.p. Umm, it’s an article I was asked to do for some organization. The y picked me as a role model for 2014 because of the work I am doing with ‘I'm An African’ so they wanted me to write something.  I’m not much of a writer, more of the executor so had to talk to someone I know wouldn't let me down.”

“Lol. Right. That’s great though. Good for you!” -----Me

“Lol I guess so. Guess now life has meaning. Before I just used to wake up go around look at girls, lol, and create memories but life had no real meaning…now that I am heading towards my goals, everything makes sense…It’s like writing an exam question and the right answer finally comes out… Do you have the same feeling?”

*Long pause on my part*

“Lol. Wow. Sadly, I'm still yet to find the answer to the exam question. Right now I'm just taking life as each day comes. I wish there was something I could look forward to when I wake up. Alas, there is none.” -----Me

Yes, I did just use alas. For real though, I sometimes feel like there’s something greener on the other side. I'm yet to find out what it is. I must say, I am somewhat anxious. I'd love to have something of my own- something to call my baby…..not in the literal sense; that will come later :)

I’ll leave you with that and link to the ‘I’m An African’ project like I said before.

Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/Imanafrican1



No comments:

Post a Comment